ALL STUDENTS PLEASE READ the following documents for how to login and use Schoology and your student email
All STUDENTS, BOTH DISTANCE LEARNERS AND THOSE IN THE CLASSROOM, are required to be ready to use Schoology and student email this year !!!
Welcome to my Homepage!
I look forward to the opportunity to teach each student. It is a joy to get to know you as individuals and help you accomplish your academic goals! Please email me if you have questions/concerns...I'm here to help you.
- Starting this year all students will use Schoology to complete classwork and assessments via online.
- While this is mainly for distance learning students, traditional (classroom) students will also be expected to use this program. This online approach will be used in class or at home for some assignments.
- IF STUDENTS HAVE THE FOLLOWING ELECTRONICS, PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING THEM TO CLASS: PHONES, CHARGERS, AND HEADPHONES. HOWEVER, STUDENTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BUY THESE ITEMS, AND WILL BE GIVEN PAPER COPIES TO COMPLETE CLASSWORK IF NEEDED.
- If at any point you have technical problems with your computer you must submit a help ticket through the county office website: www.desotocountyschools.org and someone will help you.
- Don't forget to check out Parent Portal to stay up-to-date on your grades.You can register through the counselor's office: 662-393-9300
Although this year will be new territory for all of us, if we communicate effectively, this will help you to succeed. Therefore, If you have any questions for me please send me an email, or contact me through Schoology and, I will respond as soon as I can.
Hope you Have a wonderful year !
Click on the links for info about classes.
I attended the University of Arkansas at Little Rock where I received a Bachelor's degree in psychology with a minor in philosophy. I also hold a Master's degree in Professional Counseling from Liberty University.
I have taught public school for 21 years in the Social Studies department. In my 21 years I have taught world history, world geography, Mississippi studies, psychology, and sociology , but I currently am teaching sociology.
I am from Little Rock, Arkansas and have lived in Mississippi for 24 years. I have a wonderful son who is 23 and attending Ole Miss. I enjoy doing Bible study, reading, singing, decorating, and being with family and friends.
The best part of my job is getting to instruct and encourage the young people today who will be the next generation of leaders, moms, and dads. I can't wait to see their many achievements as they grow and develop into young men and women!